JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336
Home Improvement

Have replaced battery in scantronic ION 16 pir but main unit

still shows red. When unit... Show More
still shows red. When unit is queried reports as follows. tamper Z3. reset faults Z03T. Superv'n fail Z03. low battery Z03. Any advice please.
Category: Home Improvement
Show Less
adamd-mod, Other
replied 9 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer reply replied 9 months ago.
Please continue
adamd-mod, Other replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
JamesI, Developer
replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

It appears you have three fault codes a Tamper, Lower Battery, and Supervision all on the same Zone (3).

Tamper is often caused when the PIR battery is changed without the system being put into maintenance, or when the PIR loses all power, Supervision is caused when the control panel loses contact with the PIR, and low battery is self explanatory.

The red lamp you refer to is on the top left of the display I assume, and its just this Red lamp and the power lamp which are illuminated (the middle one is off)?

So we know we have cleared the faults, check the PIR battery is correctly installed and has power by watching the red led light, check the PIR cover is securely fastened, some times the case doesnt push back together properly, or isnt mounted on the wall securely, which causes the PIR to show a tamper condition, once your happy the PIR is correctly installed, and PIR has power, return to the keypad.

We now need to acknowledge all the faults in the memory:

1. Key in the access code

2. Press option 1

3. Check the display and see if the fault states "active" or "inactive" under the Tamper and Low Battery fault message.

4. Press the enter key (button with a tick), at which point the second fault should appear, take note if this is also "active" or "inactive", press the enter button again.

5. Check if the red lamp is still illuminated.

If the faults are showing "active", or the red light is still illuminated, please tell me the model number for your Scantronic alarm, what batteries you have used in the PIR showing the fault, and advise if you think there may be any other PIR's on the same zone.

James

Customer reply replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks for your help, issue has now been resolved
JamesI, Developer replied 9 months ago.

Ok, so I may close the case I would appreciate if you could rate the service received to date.

James