Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Floor tiles suitable (electric) heating Mr A would like to

Floor tiles suitable for underfloor (electric) heating
Mr A would like to lay underfloor heating (electric) and the lay suitable gloss floor tiles on top.
Gloss floor tiles are slippery therefore can be dangerous for children.
Are there tiles that are less slippery but still shiny close to gloss?
Where can Mr A get them from?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, top tiles or b and q or wicked have lots of suitable floor tiles. Underfloor heating is suitable for any floor tile up to 15mm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know of any type that's shiny but not slippery?
Doesn't have to be tops tile or B&Q.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

The only way to prevent slipperiness would be to purchase a specific ‘non-slip’ tilewith an anti-slip R rating. It is likely however that tiles with such a rating will work out that little bit more expensive than without an R rating. According to some customers, they can find them hard to clean because of their rough texture.

In my humble experience, I have shiny floor tiles in both my kitchen and bathroom at home (polished porcelain) but have never slipped on either. However, by the office we have matt floor tiles and I have slipped on these on more than one occasion, so you just never can tell.

Customers are particularly concerned about installing shiny floor tiles in a bathroom because of the amount of water spillage. But how many people do you know get out of the shower or bath and step straight onto the floor? Not many. The majority of us have a bath mat and this will certainly prevent any unexpected slips.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

If you Google buy r rated tiles you will find many sellers