JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have an outdoor portable Hottub that I currently have

I have an outdoor portable Hottub that I currently have plugged into a socket inside the house with a wire through the wall. It is plugged into a circuit breaker as recommended. Is this a suitable solution or would it be preferable to have an outdoor socket fitted?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.
The setup is a perfectly acceptable solution providing the socket is covered by a RCD (residual current device) in addition to a standard circuit breaker, this will reduce the potential for electric shock, and critical for any outdoor appliances.

Assuming the socket is covered by an RCD (as it common for most electric installations),and your not getting nuisance trips, the only other thing to consider is the ingress of water and cold air through the hole the cable uses, but using some silicon around the hole would solve this.

Taking into account the assumptions around the RCD and that it doesnt pose a nuisance as is, I wouldnt have an outside socket fitted.

Should you require any further clarification please let me know.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening my name is***** just wanted to check if you need anything else clarified.

I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received to date.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response very helpful