JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Ariston 1600 washer dryer is a few years old. i have

hi my Ariston 1600 washer dryer is a few years old . i have never used the dryer until now. the problem is i followed the instructions everything is working except it wont heat and therefore wont dry. i have checked all the usual. gold water outlet all clear and connected correctly , connected to electric ok.
can you help
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

What happens when its placed just on a drying cycle, does the cycle complete and end with all the clothes still cold\damp, or does the programme stop early?

Can you advise what is shown on the display and if any lights are flashing at the end of the drying program?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it will tumble but wont get even warm , it does not dry at all
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all the appropriate lights will come on.I am trying it again at the moment on hanger dry. I have tried it on all the settings it is still the same . My husband has checked the cold water inlet and the out let. (There is only one water connection on the machine that goes into the cold water supply)
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it does not dry at all and the cycle seems to go on and on it does not end. I have to manually turn it off
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

This sounds like a simple case of that the heating element has failed and needs to be replaced, the part can be found here for under £20.

As this is a high energy appliance I would suggest you get an engineer to come out and fit the part, they can also test the circuit to rule out any other faults.

If you provide your postcode I can recommend a suitable engineer to come out and replace this faulty part.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NP123RN
But the dryer has never been used up until now. Have never needed it.
would this not cause the washer to wash cold because it doesn't. although I use economy wash I do wash at 90% also
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

There are two heating elements one which is in contact with the water and heats up the water, the other only has contact with air, so while your still able to have a hot wash, the dryer may still blow cold air.

Though its never been used, it could have been faulty on arrival, or may be a lose wire, an engineer will be able to quickly check the element is getting power, and if the element has failed within 10 minutes, so can confirm which part needs replacing before swapping it out.

I would suggest using Thomas & Sons, who are based in New Port, their phone number is ***** 741716, we have referred customer to them in the past and have only heard good things.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you , will speak to my husband this evening with your advice.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem if you have any follow up questions let me know, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance, and request you rate the service received so I may resolve this case.

James

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have an idea of what is wrong I will reply following a visit by an engineer