JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a scantronic 9600 house alarm was going on holiday so

Hello i have a scantronic 9600 house alarm was going on holiday so input a holiday code for a relative but since doing this i have lost the original master code have tried always to retrieve but cannot. so having to stick with the holiday code. can you help to get back to a master code. Tom
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi Tom,

Do you know what the engineer code is, as I would suggest you do a factory reset and program the system?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi Jamesinch sorry i donot have a engineer code and how would i do a factory reset ? and would this cancel all the house system ?
thanks Tom
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

If you do not have a engineer code or master code you will need to clear all memory (factory rest), this will however mean you will need to re-program the system, and the default codes can then be used (The new Engineer code will be 07890, The new Managers code will be 1234).

1. Remove all power - both mains and battery.

2. Remove the NVM chip IC8 (above the large microcontroller chip).

3. Power up the panel - battery first then mains.

4. Refit the NVM chip.

The panel will now load the standard factory default codes.

5. Re-program the panel with all the installation settings.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello James sorry been away on short break. are you Uk based ? or USA to reset the house alarm and to start again to program the sytem i find a bit frighening
regards Tom
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi Tom I am UK based (Buckinghamshire), and just about to head off for the evening.

It is a significant task (re-programming), however that is the only way to get to a position where you can set a new master code.

The manual is rather explicit on how to re-programme all your zones, but it is time consuming.

Obviously if there was a quick way to reset the master code this would be a security vulnerability hence why I suggest it as the last resort.

James

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.