JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Have a bissell cleanview reach carpet shampooer and I can't

have a bissell cleanview reach carpet shampooer and I can't stop the water from running out of the bottle on rear even tho screw on bottle is tight soon as i put onto cleaner it simply empties
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Each model is slightly different, can you advise the model and serial number of the Cleanview carpet cleaner.

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

With regard to the water on the rear bottle, do you mean the dirty water container?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
37Y8E MODEL. NO CLEAN WATER RESOVOIR
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ok, and there is no damage to the container, and your happy its correctly installed\secured in place?

It may be a faulty valve or lose pipe, unfortunately this isnt designed as a customer serviceable fault.

I would recommend getting the cleaner serviced, you can locate your nearest service centre via the website here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
turn bottle upside down and trigger on handle should release water when you pull it but bottle does not leak until attached to the machine then just runs out the bottom of machine all over carpet
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Right it sounds like the container valve isnt faulty, and most likely a lose pipe in the cleaner head itself, or the electronic valve which controls the flow of water has become stuck open.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nothing visible that i might have missed or can fix then so does this require sending off for repairs
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Correct, the consumer serviceable elements are the container itself, to get to the hoses and pump valve you have to remove the head, and it start getting rather complex.

I would suggest you take it to a service centre, as clearly there is an electrical risk if water gets into electrics.

James

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.