JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I need to replace 5 ceiling spots in 3 rooms. Problem is

Customer Question

Hello, I need to replace 5 ceiling spots in 3 rooms. Problem is that the other spots in the room are not led and my store seems to only sell led. Do I need to replace all the spots in the room or can I just replace the 5 broken ones with led? Do I need to change the dimmers if goon led?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to just change the bulbs? If so then change them all for LED.

Be careful, not all LED bulbs are dimmable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I know if I can just change the bulbs? 5 spot definitely need changing (not just the bulbs), the others are ok - can I just put a LED bulb in any spot?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Diane, my name is James.

There is a EU directive to phase out halogen bulbs, hence there is a push to sell LED's. You can still purchase halogen bulbs on ebay and amazon for a fraction of the price such as here.

However LED's are cheaper to run and last far longer, should you wish to use LED's, you can mix and match, but as Andrew suggested earlier you need to make sure the ones you buy are dimmable such as the ones here.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

James