JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My aqalisa shower starts with desired hot water but after

my aqalisa shower starts with desired hot water but after 4-5 mins gradually cools by itself. Can it be faulty thermostat? or can be pump pressure to blame? it worked fine for 5 years..
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi Olga, Do you happen to know the model number of your Aqalisa shower, since the majority do not have thermostats to control water temperature but work by a flow control valve.

The two most common reasons for your issue are either a faulty flow control valve (which controls how much water gets diverted to the heater) or boiler\element (which heats up the hot water).

This can only really be diagnosed by a plumber, as you need to take the shower apart, and test the boiler and valve under load\pressure.

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a local plumber to come and look at repairing your shower for you, the parts are likely to be in the region of 30-50 depending on the model of shower you have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi James, it's in tenanted flat, It looks like aquavalve609 to me.Also hot water staying hot from sink tap all the time, which makes me think can be it's problem inside that AquqlisaAquavalve609... No boiler there, but cold water tank and electrical storage that heats up water for whole flat. However it is in the shower room that aqualisa playing up only, in separate bathroom it is just standart mixer shower from bath. Also each bathroom have separated water pupms,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not at that property at the moment , but can go look tomorrow. Can you tell me , pls, any idea what that can be from my description?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Right so its not an electric shower, its just a mixer which takes two feeds (hot and cold).

This will be a most certainly be the thermostatic valve in the mixer tap itself.

Give me a while to pull up the spec of the mixer tap in the shower.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Looks like you need part number 11 on the diagram here which is about £90.

The video here shows what is required.

You may get away with just servicing it but giving it a good clean in hot soapy water, but it will fail within the next 6 months, so depends if you want to save yourself a visit in the near future.

James

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks for that, I will go to the property tomorrow to make a look. May have some more questions then.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

How did you get on today?

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.