JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I've had my expansion tank replaced and I now have a water

I've had my expansion tank replaced and I now have a water hammer problem, has the replacement tank caused this problem?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

If the system was drained it may have caused the issue.

The cheapest solution (but with lowest success) is to drain the system down (turn of mains water, leave taps on for 10 minutes drain the system fully), shut off the taps, turn on the mains water, wait five minutes then bleed the system one tap at a time slowly. From experience this works about 20% of the time.

If this fails then your best bet is to buy a water hammer arrestor, they are about £20, the website here gives you instructions so gives you an idea where to locate it etc.