JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I am building a new build 3 bedroom house in Scotland, I

Customer Question

I am building a new build 3 bedroom house in Scotland, I want to use air source heating as a primary heating system. the planning regulations say I need a secondary heating system. I want to know what my options are for the secondary system, as I want to keep it a cost effective as possible?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

You can use a combination of different secondary heating systems, although from planning perspective the one used to heat the most rooms is technically defined as the 'secondary', (assuming the primary will be heating more than the secondary)

If your look to avoid radiators and taking up spaces on the wall I would suggest underfloor heating, this would be expensive to run, and can take a while to heat a room up but is the least obtrusive,and not overly expensive if using wood or tiled floors.

Other options would include electric room heaters (convection are the most common), and lastly your looking at standard central heating radiators, which could be run from a boiler, heat pump or solar.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi David,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No thats grand thanks

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Fantastic, appreciate if you can rate the service received so I may resolve the query.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning David, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James