JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Will the following be ok on a 6mm twin and earth radial on

Customer Question

will the following be ok on a 6mm twin and earth radial on 32 amp
1x 3.4 single oven
1x 3.6 combi oven and microwave
1x5.5 ceramic hob, not induction
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
each with a double pole isolating switch
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Peter, It rather comes down to the rating of the appliances, for example if they are all 13A that takes to you 39A and you may get nuisance trips, you also have to take into account the cable run, you then need to factor in how likely it is to have all appliances running at full load at the same time.

From experience single ovens are around 13A, combi oven microwaves around 15A, and ceramic hob 30A, in this scenario your looking at 62A load, and this is far beyond the tolerance of a 6mm T&E and 32A MCB, but what load would you expect to pull (I cant see you having the two oven and hob on full power at the same time).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you saying that i need to run another 6mm cable to the consumer unit
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I would run a second 6mm from the consumer unit with its own MCB, and probably connect it to the ceramic hob if this load is around 30A.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Peter, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

James