JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I am buying a property for my daughter who has left a

Customer Question

I am buying a property for my daughter who has left a controlling and coercive relationship. I need to protect my investment from an asset stripping divorce which will likely follow.I intended to protect my investment by a deed of trust. The mortgage company want me to gift the money in a letter to my daughter and set up the deed of trust later. This doesn't sound right to me because title to the money would pass with the letter. I am already a member of your scheme, can you advise please
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bernie,

You are correct in challenging this advice, you need to establish the deed of trust first.

Divorces can be lengthy, and all though this income could be deemed out of scope of a financial settlement, there is still a risk at best of creating additional delay and expense to the financial settlement, and as such would look to delay any transfer of assets or gifts until either a financial settlement has been agreed or a deed of trust has been put in place.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bernie, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.
Hi Bernie, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.James
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you James, I will establish the deed of trust at the earliest opportunity.Best regards,Bernie
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bernie,

So I can close the case please can you rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Bernie,

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating shown,so I can be paid by JA for answering your question,

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Bernie,

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Bernie,

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.
Good morning Bernie,Appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating shown,so I can be paid by JA for answering your question,Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Bernie,