JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a Honeywell ST9400A programmer. Getting a message

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell ST9400A programmer. Getting a message "INTERNAL" on screen.
The hot water heating is still working but there is no other display and the central heating will not work. Any ideas?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 20 days ago.

Hi Colin,

Internal suggests there is a fault on the timer, this may be a relay isnt working, its not able to read the temperature correctly, or there is some other fault such that its over heating.

The only thing you can do as a end user is remove it from its mount, which is just a case of unscrewing the two small screws on the underside of the unit, then pull the button of the programmer towards you and lift the unit up, remove the batteries from from the front of the programmer and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes then reinstall it by aligning the top and then pushing the bottom back in place and refitting the screws and batteries.

If you get the same fault, at this point its a case of replacing the programmer, the cheapest I have seen them is here for £50.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions, relating to this issue.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.
Hi Colin,

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you have any follow on questions.

So I can claim payment from JA for answering your question, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Hi Colin,

Do you need any further assistance?

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page..

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.
Hi Colin,Do you need any further assistance?Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page..RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Hi Colin,

Do you need any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.
Hi Colin, Do you need any further assistance? Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page.. Regards James