JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Greenstar 30cdi condensing system - very low pressure,

Customer Question

Greenstar 30cdi condensing system - very low pressure, constantly in the red. How do I re-pressurise??
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Thomas,

The boiler should have something called a filling loop, where this is located is rather dependant on how the installer chose to fit it the pipe work, but should be in close proximity to the boiler so you can see the gauge to know when to stop topping the water up.

Normally its a flexible pipe which screws on to the pipe, and you then open the valve at both ends until the gauge reads back into the green (as per the video here).

The other mechanism on Greenstar boilers which a installer may fit is an internal valve such as the one shown in the video here.

Please let me know how you get on.