JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My radiators r not heating up but the water in the taps are.

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a combi boiler or do you have a cylinder?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A combi....but now and again the radiators get luke warm.

do you have a room stat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we dont.

Ok, can you turn on the heating and tell me what happens - pump, fan, etc

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There s nothing at all.

What is the pressure gauge reading?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The pressure is fine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its reading 1 1/2.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its halfway between the 1 and 2

When the heating is activated then the pump should start first and the fire up the boiler via the divertor valve.

Can you check power to the pump - or see if it is stuck by checking the screw in the centre?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the centre of what...sorry.but i know nothing about this

Centre of the pump - a plug with a slot, it unscrews and then you can see if the insides are spinning

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the pump is working....it starts when i turn on the hot water.

But not when you turn on the heating?

Do you have any fault lights or codes?

Do you have the make and model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The model is ravensheat and i think serial no is csi 85 BT.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thats the only number i can see.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

There could be a number of causes of this fault, including a faulty temp sensor, blocked heat exchanger or faulty pump.

The hot water will use a separate heat exchanger, and I would be inclined to start looking at the CH heat exchanger and temp sensor, and work from there if the CH outlet pipe is not hot.

With this being a gas boiler you will need a gas safe engineer to strip down the boiler and recommission it, please let me know if you would like me to recommend a local engineer.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.