JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a large internal window in my flat. I want remove it

I have a large internal window in my flat. I want remove it and the wall below it. Will the building fall down?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

No providing you dont make the hole any wider or try and or higher, as there will be a load bearing beam running above the window which takes the weight of the wall \ ceiling and shares it out across the left and right flank.

If you make the gap wider then you will reduce the area the beam is siting on and cause issues and the part above the window is the beam itself so that will need to stay, anything under the window shouldnt be a issue.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jonathan,

Do you require any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a while and just wanted to check if you needed anything further before the question is closed and you are charged.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorted. Paid for the help some weeks ago. £18 was it???
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Yes thats correct Jonathan, the deposit has been taken but not applied to the question, appreciate if you can rate the question using the star rating on this page so I can close the case.