JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

One of the two Honeywell 2 port valves installed in my

One of the two Honeywell 2 port valves installed in my central heating system operates with bit of noise as if it is "slam shutting", might this be if the valve is installed with the flow arrow in the wrong direction? Thanks for any help. Eric
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Eric,

The directional 2 port valves have an arrow on them, can you see if the valve is facing the wrong direction?

An incorrectly installed valve could cause this noise, it also causes issues for the actuator as it eventually strips the cogs, I would be inclined to remove the actuator and manually open and close the valve and see if you can generate the fault without the actuator, to rule out play on the actuator.

When it comes to swapping the valve around, give it a good clean, as you may also find there is crud in their affecting how smoothly the valve moves.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James