JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Yesterday Karcher KB9030 Pressure washer cut out after

Customer Question

Yesterday Karcher KB9030 Pressure washer cut out after continuous running for 1 hour or so. Fuse in 13 amp plug is ok. Still not working today. The machine briefly makes a noise and water runs through but does not pump. Is there a thermal cut out or what might the problem be please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

There is a thermal cut out but that resets itself, it sounds like a capacitor may have failed. You would need to strip it right down and check with a multi meter where power is not getting through to.

It may well be the motor at which point it would not be an economical repair but most parts can be sourced from here.

Let me know how you get on after stripping it down, and if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for this answer. It looks as if it would not be economic to consider a repair in view of the age of the machine.
Time to invest in a new machine I think. Your response made it easier for me to come to this decision.