JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I installed a weatherproof double socket using 10mm SWA to

I installed a weatherproof double socket using 10mm SWA to my sheds consumer unit, this work and the sockets in my shed work but my shed lights trip soon as I turn them on, but they were working before. Any ideas why this is happening. Thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Are they tripping the RCD or the MCB?

Start by checking how you have bonded the earth for the socket at both ends

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
RCDs I think, its just the lights RCD tripping,
Iv put end of the conductors in relevant slots in socket end and the earth bar at consumer unit
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Right, if you disconnect the earth, live and neutral of the new SWA do the lights still trip?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Dave tried to give you a call to no avail, let me know when your available and will call back.