Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!
Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,
what you'll want to do here is to cut all power to the system.
Locate the panel (not the keypad) which is going to be a large box, usually metal (but sometimes plastic), that will contain the wiring for the system.
You're looking for something like this.
Disconnect the power leads to the battery, if there is one (though the battery is probably dead after all these years)
Then disconnect the power leads to the mains. This is usually a pair of wires out of the box and going to a power transformer "brick" plugged into an electrical outlet. Simply unplug that power adapter, which will cut main power to the unit.
Hi thanks for getting back to me , I know there is a box on the wall in my downstairs toilet next to my main consumer unit fuse box thingy for the rest of the house so I assume this will be the panel your referring to, im not currently at the property but im going tomorrow so will let you know how I get on from memory though I don't recall seeing any visable wires coming out of it to a power adapter but il have a closer inspection tomorrow. Thanks