Richard, Security
Experience:  Security Specialist
32989067

Good Morning. I have a Powermax Visonic burglar alarm system. The

Good Morning.
I have a Powermax Visonic burglar alarm system.
The user guide is 36 pages of small print. Quite impossible for a 73 year old idiot!
The alarm bleeps three times every minute and it is driving us crazy. I have replaced the 8 pack rechargeable batteries, sealed in green plastic, at a cost of £27, but no change.
Should I perhaps, charge the battery pack? If so how?
Any help you can give would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Tony Blok
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can review the current troubles one by one, by clicking the SHOW/OK button and checking in the display what the touble is (as this is the cause of the beeps). Do this and tell me what it says.
To stop the beeps for 4 hours until you do this, press the DISARM button on your key-ring transmitter, or press on the keypad and then
enter your access code (1 1 1 1 by default). This will silence the buzzer for 4 hours
Let me know the results please of the trouble it tells you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only message that looks wrong is one which reads "CPU Tamper Alarm"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony
There is a spring on the back of the panel that once closed will end the CPU tamper open alert. If you have no faults on the system then you will need to clear the alarm memory. To do this, listen to the alarms, then arm the system away, then turn it off. Ready to arm should appear then.
Results
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said at the start, I'm old and stupid!

I can't follow what you are saying.

Don't worry, I'll call in the company.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the back of the panel Tony is a spring that is open and needs to be pushed down and closed. This is the main cause of this error.