Richard, Security
Experience:  Security Specialist
32989067

We have moved into a house that has a Honeywell alarm system

Customer Question

We have moved into a house that has a Honeywell alarm system Model CP038 EN50131-3:2009. We have the code to disarm it if it goes off, but we want to change this code to a new one. Would anyone be able to supply the instructions please? Thanks
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, enter your master code
Then press 8
Put in 02
Then input your new code you wish to set 2 times
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I did try these instructions already and they did not work. By master code I presume you mean the code we enter when we want to deactivate the alarm. So as you said, I put this code in, then 8, then 02, then my new 4 digit code twice. It does nothing. Can you suggest anything else?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, try code 4112 as the master code. Does it acccept this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That did not work either. I have looked on the internet and found a manual. It says try 42 , then 1 for user codes, so I am going to give that a try, I will let you know how I get on. Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the code I gave is the default, so strange it did not accept it.
Let me know the results please