JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience installing and maintaining corporate and top end security systems both wired and wireless
75967336

I have bought a Proximity Switches SPNO/SPCO Magnetically

Customer Question

Hi I have bought a Reed Proximity Switches SPNO/SPCO Magnetically Operated 240vac and it hat 2 wires white and orange i was wondering how i wire it up and what each cable does as i want to wire it up as an open and shut switch so when open it is switched on and when shut it is off Thank you
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Hi David,

You get a wide variety of reed proximity switches, can you send me the link to where you sourced it from or the part number so I can look it up.

There are normally three terminals, 1 - pole, 2 - break contact, 3 - make contact.

In your case if it only has2 wires that suggests only two terminals, the easiest way to check if its a make or break contact is to use a multi meter, set it on continuity place the probe on each wire and move the switch and see if you have continuity when the switch is pressed or released.

If it makes contact on release then you can just wire the switch in series of your circuit, so when the switch activates (opens) the circuit is made and when closed the circuit is broken. However if it breaks the contact on release, you need to see if there is a third terminal on the switch, if not you need to buy a different switch as this is working in the opposite way than you require.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi David,

I havent heard back from you and just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance, and ask if you could rate the service received to date.

regards

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Hi David,

regards

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.
Hi David,I havent heard back from you and just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance, and ask if you could rate the service received to date.regardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Hi David, appreciate if you can rate the service received today using the star rating on the page.

Should you need any further assistance please let me know

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

James