Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic SC-HT1500 when you turn it on it starts self check

Customer Question

Panasonic SC-HT1500 when you turn it on it starts self check then a error message appears error please push enter when you push enter it switches off then starts all over again it will do this over & over until you hold the on/off button in. If try again it starts all over again.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your sound system so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug all connected speakers from unit, replug power cord in wall socket and turn it On?

- How old is the unit and how long it have had the problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have tried this but to no avail. it is now saying please change the disc

even if there is a disc in or not I have tried a few discs but the outcome is still the same it is about 8 years old and it started 2days ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, does disc mechanism eject and accept a disc?
Does it try to playback disc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but does not try to play the disc

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Donald for the info.

It seems optical laser block isn't working to read out the disc data thus system control says please change the disc.

- Have you tried to put a cleaning disc in unit that might help to clean the optical lens that might be dirty and causing the issue?

If you have tried cleaning disc and it didn't help then I'm sorry optical laser block is defective in unit and need to be replaced to resolve the problem, since unit is bit older model so it would be hard to find the required optical laser block for this player.

There is an alternate way to connect another DVD player in Line-1 or Line-2 of this unit to get sound in speakers and watch picture in TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.