LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years in Home Theater and Systems Integrator, Senior
444199

Hello, I am a school technician trying to repair a Bosch site

Customer Question

Hello, I am a school technician trying to repair a Bosch site Sound Box for our drama department. Model is GML 24v CD It's a caged box for building sites, good for schools also!

It won't power up the sound at all. No Illuminated dial, no opening CD tray.

The mains power is reaching the unit. 2 internal fuses are intact. The sound board is getting 20V dc, and the red LED on the power supply circuitry is lighting. The On/Off switch for the sound is making contact.

I am stuck. I cannot find a circuit diagram for it.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and help with your question.

Please could you let me know if any of the circuit boards have a part number on?

Do you have any other voltages? If I was fault finding I would look for a 5v regulator or a 12v regulator and test for voltage at them.

I will try and do some research but I do think it is unlikely I will find a schematic. I will try and talk you through things to check and look for.