Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Good evening I have a pioneer A-607R AMP / PDR-W739 CD PLAYER

Customer Question

Good evening I have a pioneer A-607R AMP / PDR-W739 CD PLAYER I'm using a pioneer CU-A018 remote control but can not get it to operate the cd player. The remote control turns the amp on and off and operates the volume control. Control cable is connected to the amp and cd player.
cheers XXXXX
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Steve and I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

If you look on the standby power button of the amp, you will see a small 'SR' logo. In order to operate your CD player via the control cable, the CD player needs that symbol too. Do you see it? I don't but I am just looking at documentation.

That would seem to be the issue right there. Please let me know if your findings are otherwise.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Steve