Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

We need to replace turntable of Technics system comprising

We need to replace turntable of Technics system comprising the following, Technics stereo Tuner ST-8L, stereo integated amplifier SU5A graphic equalizer SH E4 and double cassette deck RS 1W. What Technics turntable would be compatible with this particular deck?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..this is a very old system dating back to 1983. I can help you but I need you to tell me how the current turntable connects to the SU5A amplifier. You SHOULD have two RCA jacks on the amp labeled PHONO.

Can you check that for me please?

Also, is it a requirement for the replacement to sit on top of the 'stack' or can it sit on its own?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are 2 jacks on far lefthandside, bottom one which is red has phono underneath it and top one is white. I hope this is clear. The replacement is required to sit on top of the 'stack'

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Good morning.

Ok, pretty much any turntable will work here. The two RCA plugs are the standard arrangement.

So then the issue is trying to find one that sits on top of the other components.

>>>HERE IS ONE<<< for under forty quid.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face and then the 'Submit' button. Don't worry, this won't close your question... you can still come back whenever you want if you need more information.

If this didn't answer your question, just click 'Reply to Expert' and let me know!

Steve