p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Denon RCD-M39 CD-player and DAB radio. When I open the drawer

Customer Question

Denon RCD-M39 CD-player and DAB radio. When I open the drawer the display reads "open"; I insert a CD and it reads "closed"; the drawer seems to close properly, but the CD won't play and the message stays at "closed". None of the CD buttons work.
The DAB radio and the setup buttons all work fine. Any idea what could be wrong?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the denon,

Nathan :

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop ProLens Laser Lens Diagnostic Cleaner ) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Nathan :

If it gets to that point, unless you're still under the factory warranty, depending on purchase date (it is a 2012 model, so this is still possible), you'd likely spend less to buy a new system than you would fixing this one. An alternative is to keep the unit as is, and connect up an external cd player to it, or go to a digital source like an ipod, computer, etc