Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a sharp ht-sb60 sound bar which i think is in protect

Customer Question

I have a sharp ht-sb60 sound bar which i think is in protect mode. Just turns off and the standby light flashes 5/6 times every time you select an input mode. I have tried all the usual remedies but nothing so fat
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Right now, I can tell that it will need to be serviced. I can tell you what is going on, so you will know what to expect at the shop. How long have you had the soundbar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Around 6 months

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
That's good. When a short happens, it sends it into protect mode. If the soundbar overheats (usually when it is turned up too loud), it will enter protect mode. If your thermistor that detects the heat goes bad, it goes into protect mode. It can be difficult to troubleshoot, which is why it's good you've only had it 6 months.

What is most likely wrong with it is covered under warranty. That model is known for going out before the 1 year is up, and it's due to a short in the speaker. If the speaker wires touch, it immediately enters standby mode.

You have a 1 year warranty on that soundbar in the UK. Either take it back to the store where you bought it, or contact Sharp directly for the warranty repair. The number is 0845 8822601.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the warranty process.