p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a pioneer pz 100 the complete stack and the 6 change

Customer Question

I have a pioneer pz 100 the complete stack and the 6 change cd player has finally failed
It changes the discs constantly but doesn,t play . The rest of the stack is ok.Could please
advise as to the change of player that would fit my system regards billc
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Hi Bill, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

This is a pretty old system, so probably beyond salvage at this point.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop ProLens Laser Lens Diagnostic Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

For replacement, most any cd player will work just fine. Really ever single disc or changer is going to have the typical analog (red/white) stereo output cables that would allow it to connect to the remainder of your system. You could even use an existing dvd/bluray player as a music cd player.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nathan thanks for your initial reply and have tried to

clean as you suggested although I have done this before

but no joy so I think I must get a new 6 disc cd player that

I can use with my system could you please advise as to

the one close to the unit I should look for ,again thanks billc

Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bill, Thanks for testing the cleaning, sorry that didn't help.

I'd suggest:

Onkyo DX-C390B 6 Disc CD Changer (click for link)

or

Yamaha CDC 600 CD Player

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did ask is there a 6 change cd player compatible to the

system I could look for if not I must get a completely new

set up as you say its 20 years old and has been good

regards billc

Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.
Bill did you see the links I sent earlier? There was an onkyo 6 disc and a yamaha 5 disc. Either can connect to your existing system.