p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Can you please advise me ... What soundbars are compatible

Customer Question

Can you please advise me ... What soundbars are compatible with my Panasonic TX-P42X10B plasma television ?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

I can certainly recommend some other soundbars for you, but really either of these should have worked fine as well,

Nathan :

can you tell me how you tried to connect them?

Nathan :

If you didn't already, you'll want to use the optical (fiber optic / digital audio out) connection from tv to sound bar. This tv is too old to use HDMI ARC link, and analog (red/white) won't work either.

Nathan :

A few other things to check are to go into the tv setup menu and disable the internal speakers, or set the audio mode to external/theater (so it will output to optical port). You may also need to adjust the audio output format to PCM/Stereo (instead of dolby/digital)

Nathan :

Failing that, it is possible there is something internally wrong with the tv. The workaround there (other than repairing the tv, which wouldn't be prudent) is to connect your source devices (cable/sky box, dvd, etc) directly to the soundbar, bypassing the tv entirely for audio. If you need advise on these connections, just let me know.