Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience.
27991594

I have a Technics SC-HD81 component system. I cannot eject

Customer Question

I have a Technics SC-HD81 component system. I cannot eject a CD from changer SL-HD81. The tape player RS-HD81 drawer will not open and the tuner ST-HD81 keeps showing 'no tape'. The mini-disc deck SJ-HD501 works perfectly through the amplifier
SE-HD81.
Can you identify the problem and arrange for a repair?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

When you press the eject button, do you hear anything clicking, grinding, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay in responding. In answer to your question pressing the eject buttons on both CD and tape players does not produce any grinding noises. The tape drawer is empty and pressing eject does not open it. The CD does play the disc that is stuck inside but whilst doing so the tuner shows a constant message moving across the screen "No Disc" none of this makes sense to me. Hope it means something to you.

Regards ***** *****

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
What was the last thing to happen right before this all started? I find it strange that BOTH the Tape and CD Players are acting in the same fashion leading me to believe that it's something with the main unit. Remove the Ribbon Cables from the back then reinsert them with the power cord disconnected. Apply power back to it and try it again. Any signs of improvements?