Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

I bought the Samsung HT-f5500 last November and a couple about

I bought the Samsung HT-f5500 last November and a couple about 3 - months ago it seemed to be cutting the signal from the box to the tv (Samsung UE32C6500) for about 1- 2 seconds about 4 - 5 times a minute. I've tried a different Samsung SMART blu-ray player with the tv using the same cable/tv hdmi port and works fine so seems more likely its the box rather than the tv. Is this a know problem and can anything be done?

Many thanks,

Jamie
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..you have probably diagnosed the issue correctly. Tell me, do you lose audio AND video when the box cuts out?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your prompt response. No, audio continues ok but video cuts out for a second and restarts with the tv notification in the top left corner letting you know time, resolution and frame rate. This cutting out can range from once every 2 - 3 mins to 3 -5 times a minute. Thanks

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
I know that this works with the other player so it does point to the BluRay.

How long is the HDMI cable an is it a 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 spec?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I had originally tried the 2 meter and 1.5 meter cable (not sure how to work out which version they are) but have just tested the 1 foot cable for the last 40 mins and seems to be ok so far, which is promising. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated, that must've been the problem.

Will just get a higher quality 1 meter, version 1.4 cable as the 1 foot is a bit tight.

Thanks, Jamie

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Very good. Yes I would start with some good cables. You don't have to pay a mint for them . Five to ten quid a meter is good and try to get a 1.4 spec if you can.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face and then the 'Submit' button. Don't worry, this won't close your question... you can still come back whenever you want if you need more information.

If this didn't answer your question, just click 'Reply to Expert' and let me know!

Steve