Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Im looking to up-date my hi-fi system (my Sony system is about

I'm looking to up-date my hi-fi system (my Sony system is about 20 yrs old) and
considering buying a Denon Ceol N-8BK . As I have quite a large collection of my
music on cassettes, would it be possible to connect the Sony cassette deck ref TC-S1
to this as this works well?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

You should have no problem connecting your cassette deck so long as you don't want to record - only play back. Here is a photo of the back of the Denon:

graphic

You can connect the cassette deck to either of the pairs of terminals labeled Analog In. You will then be able to listen to your tapes.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face and then the 'Submit' button. Don't worry, this won't close your question... you can still come back whenever you want if you need more information.

If this didn't answer your question, just click 'Reply to Expert' and let me know!

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply. This is what I was hoping for.

On the strength of your reply I will go ahead and assemble

a new system.

Many thanks, Ted

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Ted, that sounds great. Good luck.

Now, I need a favor from you. You will now see the rating options whereby you can rate my service today. It is the only way I am rewarded for my time, knowledge and advice.

Please consider one of the top three rating choices and click 'Submit' if you see that.

Thanks so much.

Steve