Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung HT-E5500 blu ray player has suddenly developed a

My Samsung HT-E5500 blu ray player has suddenly developed a fault by randomly coming out of the setting it is on in the function menu. It then continues to scroll through digital in, aux, remote ipod, hdmi1, hdmi2, tuner and blutooth before turning itself off.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the sound system and how long it have had the problem?
- Does it turn On itself again when shut off after scrolling inputs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The system is only about 3 years old and the problem started last Thursday.

the system does come on but i have to press the home screen icon and wait for it to show on the tv screen

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to upgrade firmware of sound system?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I went into tools and the section where you check for updates and it said that the system is up to date.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Martin,

Is the sound system connected to internet to get latest firmware update?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The network connection is on 24/7 and it has been checked to make sure it is alright today.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug sound system power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back the result?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just turned the system off and restarted again. This has been done for different amounts of time over the past few days. Restarted it, reset and restored to factory settings. Tried it with and without the tv and the same with sky plus. It happens even when the sound system is on without anything else in operation. The internet connection is all ok, I .have made sure the connections are all in properly at the rear. It happens after irregular periods of time for no reason and sometimes it is difficult to get it to remain on the correct function. So far it remains on the right one this is zfter about 15 minutes. It sometimes goes for more than an hour before changing.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Martin,

It seems main controller chip internal issue as it generates input change command on its own without any signal from user that is why you see it scroll all the inputs then goes off, Main board of sound system need to be replaced as this type of circuit board is not suppose to be repaired on component level and system need to take in nearest Samsung service facility to swap the main board but it would cost you good money.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience: I have been repairing Home Theater Systems as a qualified Sony tech