Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Have just purchased 2 x Tascam DA 88s second hand and both

Have just purchased 2 x Tascam DA 88s second hand and both are showing warning light with s error 68 code - both have taken tapes and refuse to eject
Help please!
Dave
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That sounds like a belt/pinch roller problem. Error 68 simply means that there is a problem with the playback mechanism.
When you press play with no tape inserted, does anything move? How about the pinch roller and capstan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rusty managed to sort it myself - turned out to be condensation on the drum - left it switched on for a couple of hours and it's ok now
Dave
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
That's great news Dave, let me know if it gives you any more trouble.