p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have recently bought a Samsung bluray home entertainment

I have recently bought a Samsung bluray home entertainment system ht-fs6200 and can't get it to start up on hdmi1 so I can watch my sky on it, every time I turn it off I have to go through sources to get back to sky, is there a way to set it so it starts up on hdmi1
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Is the samsung connected only to your TV, or is the samsung connected directly to the sky box (and then from samsung out to tv)?

Nathan :

Initially, I can tell you we probably won't be able to change the default start up input. This device is first and foremost a bluray player, and it wants to default to the dvd mode whenever it is turned on.

Nathan :

There are a few things you can try though,

Nathan :

one is to go into the setup menu on all devices (samsung, tv, and sky box) and ENABLE any hdmi control functions, also known as anynet or hdmi cec

Nathan :

failing that, the next best option may be to simply leave the samsung powered on at all times. It won't hurt anything, and if it stays on, the input mode won't change. It will draw a few extra watts of power in active rather than standby mode, but as long as the tv/sky box is powered off, it won't output any sound.