p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Pioneer SC-LX57, I can not get dolby digital surround

I have a Pioneer SC-LX57, I can not get dolby digital surround sound when watching Sky tv. Play station and Blu ray player work fine!
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Did this work previously, and just stopped? Or is it first time setup?
Can you possibly try an alternate connection from the sky box to the amp, like optical/toslink, for the audio and see if that comes through any differently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have tried an optical cable and still doesn't work. Did work on original setup !
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Can you try rebooting the sky box (unplug power 60+ seconds)
Also check if this happens on all channels. It is normal for some older content (and commonly with adverts, news, etc) to be in stereo only. Check a program that is marked in the guide/info data as being in dolby/surround and be sure it happens there too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done that. Switched of the box and took the card out. Still no luck!
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
How about this - swap the hdmi cable and port currently used for PS/BR and use the sky box on one of those ports/cords that we know are working for surround already, without changing any other settings.
If still no change there, then the box is the issue. Are there any firmware updates available for the sky box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Swapped ports and cables to the Br and Ps ports, still nothing.
Think you could b right must b the Sky hd box!
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
I know you said you checked the settings, but I would do so once more. Look through the settings and if anywhere you see stereo, bitstream, or PCM, change that option to dolby, digital, or surround.
If still no luck, I'd be ringing up Sky and asking for them to exchange the box.