Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm contacting you because it seems my Pioneer SC-LX86 purchased

Customer Question

I'm contacting you because it seems my Pioneer SC-LX86 purchased from you Peter Tyson in August 2013 has developed a problem, which I don't seem to be able to resolve.
The problem occurred yesterday 22 September 2014. I had been listening to some "streamed music" for a couple of hours, I guess quite loud in my small AV room then put on a DVD to watch. About halfway through this, all of a sudden the sound went off and receiver ??
I left the unit for a while, thinking the receiver might have internally shut down, maybe due to a "thermal overload', but no re-start occurred.
The receiver is well ventilated all round, and for the life of me cannot see the unit switching off due to extended listening. Up until yesterday it has been working fine.
The speakers connected to the receiver are my new Wilson & Benesch Curves, which have run OK for the past two months.
I've tried powering up the receiver from both the Handset and directly through the main power button at the bottom left side of the front plate, but nothing has happened.
The only indication I'm getting from the receiver is at the top left of the screen is a blue flashing LED which above says "Advanced MCACC".
Do you and your team have any ideas what might be the problem ??
The receiver is only just 12-months old and would not expect (at this price level) to have problems like this.
I welcome your advice and comments. Thanks .
Peter Silvester
email : *****@******.***
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. We're not the retailer you purchased this unit from, or Pioneer- this is Just Answer which is a pay for support site comprised of independent technicians.
That being said, you need to attempt a full factory reset on the receiver as your next course of action.
Please disconnect the unit from power, then disconnect ALL speaker wires and peripheral wires so that the receiver has no connections to it at all.
Then plug just the receiver back into power.
With the receiver set to "Standby", press and hold the ENTER button on the front panel while then pressing Standby/Power to turn the unit on.
You should then see "Reset ".
Select reset by using the <> buttons on the front of the receiver, until it says "Reset OK".
Press ENTER to confirm.
OK should then show in the window and the unit will be reset to factory settings.
If this works properly, then unplug the receiver from power once more, then re-connect the speaker wires (ensuring that no stray strands are touching the back of the receiver, or adjacent wires), then go ahead and reconnect the rest of the AV signal cables.
Attempt to use the receiver as normally (keeping in mind any custom settings will be lost and the unit needs to be re-programmed).
If this does not work, then this indicates a premature failure within the receiver that requires service. You would need to next contact a Pioneer Authorized Servicer at the link below and setup a repair tag on the receiver:
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/content/support/support/service.html
If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied please -do not forget to click a "POSITIVE RATING" so that I am credited. If you don't see a place to rate- reply back to me and let me know.
You can follow up to the question at no additional charge even once you've rated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for the prompt and excellent recommendation which I will try on Thursday morning and let you know the results.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome! If you could, please take a moment to click the RATING for my service provided thus far? You can follow up at any time as needed at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Eric - I've just tried to "Re-Set" the AV Receiver but to no avail. Clearly something has failed inside the unit. I will now contact the Retailer from where I purchased the unit to get it returned and repaired OR exchanged. Thanks again for your assistance.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and wish there were a quick fix. Best of luck with the receiver and I hope they exchange it for you.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back. Best regards, Aric