Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Hitachi AXM649U micro system & am trying to play music

I have a Hitachi AXM649U micro system & am trying to play music from albums stored on a memory stick.
When I first switch on the unit, the first track on the first album plays. The music plays fine & I can change album & track using the remote, but no album/track information other than album 01/track 01....album 01/track 02....etc is displayed on the unit's screen.
Since I have a number of albums stored on the memory stick, I would like to be able to select albums by name. Is it possible to do this & if so how?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue your search

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm sorry to keep you waiting, this question has been hidden until now.
In order to see the name of the song, it's not as simple as changing the name of 01.mp3 to a song name. You'll need to get into the ID3 information to edit it. Don't worry, it's not too hard, and the program is free.
http://id3tageditor.com/
Install that program. When you pull up a song to edit, change 01 to the song name, and the artist to the artist's name. Save it, and try it out on your player. Please tell me the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Rusty.

Thanks for the information you sent me.

I've tried the id3 tag editor you suggested & it works fine. I can now see the the names of the track, album & artist when playing music from my memory stick.

The other thing I need to be able to do is to select a specific album and/or track from a number of albums stored on the memory stick.

Is it possible to do this?

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
The ID tag editor also has the album name embedded. If you are filling out that information, and it's not grouping the album, then it's a limitation of the player.
Rusty, Engineer
Experience: Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.