Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience:  Many years experience with hi-end audio and video systems and setup.
25267123

Kenwood UD-3 Tuner Amplifier. Whilst I can still receive radio

Kenwood UD-3 Tuner Amplifier. Whilst I can still receive radio programmes, there is no display of the programme set, and no auto tuning/memory function.
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please - I still need an answer! I think you should be seeking a radio engineer rather than a computer expert.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
The manual is here:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/UnitedStates/Home/Manuals/ud3.pdf

According to that you tune to the station then hit the Memory key look on page 20
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** tried following the instructions to no avail. The main problem is that there is no visual 'display' of the programming coming up at all in the display panel. Similarly no indicator lamps are burning. It may be that the display etc. has gone u/s. It did happen similarly once a long time ago, and somehow I got it back - sadly, can't remember how I did it - disconnecting this and that, I believe. Just hoping someone in the know may have some ideas.

Oh I see.... I don't see any way to dim the display as is the case with most receivers so I would say it is defective. You might try unplugging the whole unit from power for a few minutes.
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience: Many years experience with hi-end audio and video systems and setup.