Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought a Hitachi 50 in TV 50hyt62u and a Lg 160 sound bar

I bought a Hitachi 50 in TV 50hyt62u and a Lg 160 sound bar the optical cable does not fit into my TV.I the bought a Digital to Analog Audio converter and the soundbar is still not working,please can you help.
Thanks Lynn
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Your Hitachi TV doesn't have an Optical Output, so there is no way the optical cable could be plugged in there.
Also, the Digital to analog converter will be of no use and there's a much simpler solution to this.
Use the small 3.5mm jack on the TV labeled "Headphone Out", and run a stereo auxiliary cable from the TV to the soundbar.
This will allow the TV sound to run through the soundbar.
If you're still stuck, then find the MODEL NUMBER of the soundbar and reply back (LG160 is a cell phone).
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as we are all independent Techs and that is how we're credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Lynn are you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi will I have to buy a separate stereo auxiliary cable.
Lynn
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Yes you will- if you don't have one. The Headphone jack is on the side of the TV, and you will need to look at the back of the LG soundbar- it should have the same jack. If you don't see it on the LG, PLEASE post back with the model of the LG as requested.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for all your help will buy one tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the problem.
Lynn
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as we are all independent Techs and that is how we're credited.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Arica
I wil get the cable tomorrow ,just want to see if that works then I will do my rating if that's ok or dido you need it tonight.
Thanks Kynn
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You can rate now and follow up a needed, or rate tomorrow- just please don't forget to follow up or else I'm working for free.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you needed further assistance with this problem? If not, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited for my work?