p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Have a Panasonic SC HC29 and cannot change programme or anything

Customer Question

Have a Panasonic SC HC29 and cannot change programme or anything on system keeps showing USB insert
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Do you actually have any device (memory stick, hard drive, keyboard, etc) connected to the usb port on the system?

JACUSTOMER-dgg50hms- :

The answer has not resolved my option so I think the £20 you are charging should not be made this has been a total waste of time please cancel my membership

JACUSTOMER-dgg50hms- :

Please confirm you are not charging me and that my memberrship has been cancelled and you will not deduct any monies from my credit card

Nathan :

Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I could lose my job because of this rating.

Nathan :

I did not even provide an answer yet, and have not had a reasonable opportunity to do so. I asked you a follow up question, as I needed additional detail from you to provide a proper answer. This was not intended in any way to be a solution.

Nathan :

I would greatly appreciate if you'd be kind enough to at least give me the courtesy of a reply so that we may communicate further, and give me a reasonable chance to resolve this issue for you.

In the meantime, you've already been charged the full amount, per the terms of the site which you agreed to when posting your question. With that in mind, it would be in your best interest to communicate with me and address the problem.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
Have you any thoughts of how I can rectify my problem. Turning on and off does not help
Malcolm
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Could you please answer the specific question I asked you initially:
If you don't, this would then indicate an internal hardware problem or corrupted firmware.
The next step would be to attempt to manually update the firmware, and failing that we'd be looking at a hardware defect requiring repair/replacement.
Please reply back, and I'll advise further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried attaching an external I pod to the port but the music does not down load on the stereo. Also it still will not let me change the function or turn the machine off

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Malcolm, what I am asking is if the problem persists even with the ipod or other usb device disconnected. It could be that connection causing the problem or that has corrupted the system.
I am suggesting you disconnect the ipod and see if the panasonic will resume normal operations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have disconnected the ipod and the machine has not resumed normal operations

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.
As an initial step, lets do a factory reset:
1 Disconnect the AC mains lead.
2 While you press and hold [Power/standby] on the main unit,
connect the AC mains lead again.
Continue to press and hold the button until
“– – – – – – – –” is shown.
3 Release [Power/standby button].
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that has not worked any other ideas
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying Malcolm,
Unfortunately this would indicate an internal hardware failure.
There is one deeper level reset process you can attempt, though to be honest it is unlikely to help.
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. At that point, the system needs to be replaced. They are simply not economical to have repaired - parts are not readily available, and you'd spend more on labor alone than to replace it with a new system. Should it come to that I can recommend options for you.
Nathan
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I see you’ve viewed my initial correspondence. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi still does not work so i asume there is nothing further to try
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 year ago.
That is correct Malcom. I was awaiting your reply to let me know if it helped. At this point, I can help with finding a repair shop or recommending replacement options, though replacement is really the only practical rout for a small stereo system like this.
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.
Happy Holidays,
Nathan