LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years in Home Theater and Systems Integrator, Senior
444199

Hi my name is ***** ***** I bought a lg 2430A sound bar on

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I bought a lg 2430A sound bar on the 5 - 12 -14 I have just set it up in the last few days I connected it up as stated in the user manual to my new Samsung smart 3d TV but when I switch it on no sound comes through the speakers it works ok on Bluetooth but not through the tele please advise yours ***** *****

Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jim, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.Now..just so I understand, you have it connected with an optical cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for your help yes I connected it to optical1and to optical on the Tv

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I'm going to have to pull some manuals and check a few things. This will take me a few minutes ok?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, not sure what TV you have but in the TV's menu, under Audio, you should have an option to enable external audio. If you can tell me the make and model of the TV, I can help you if you can't find out how to do that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my tv is a Samsung Smart 3D tv and I went into sound and down to add new device and turned that to on

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Not sure that's it. Smart Sound is not what we need. There should be another option. Turn Smart Sound off.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Now, the sound bar has several inputs so we need to tell it to listen to one of the opticals (it has two). So with the LG remote, press INPUT a couple of times until you hear sound.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi can"t find input on remote

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
On the LG remote? The one that came with the soundbar? It is top right. Here is a picture: http://screencast.com/t/0K4k332k
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi top right 0n remote is source

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that is it. My manual indicates 'Input' but 'Source' is the same thing. Press it and it will cycle around the inputs. You are looking for Optical 1 or 2 - whichever one you are connected to on the back of the sound bar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi it is connected to optical 1

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so have you selected Optical 1 with the Source button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok and no sound eh? Volume is up on soundbar, TV and cable box?Is the TV on a wall? No way of getting the full model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the model No is UE48H6670STXXU

Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, give me 5 mins...
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, set TV Sound Output (Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Output) to somethingother than TV Speaker.