Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

i have a sharp minidisc player 702 and i have not used it for

i have a sharp minidisc player 702 and i have not used it for years but i tried to use it today after charging it up. I inserted a minidisc and it gave me "TOC error a". any ideas? Is it finished for good????
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm sorry you're having a problem, I'm here to help. This is a Q&A based website. I realize your time is valuable, so I'll try to give you the most accurate answer in the shortest amount of time. You can respond to me at no extra charge, until the problem is resolved. Ratings are for my service, not your experience with the site. When we finish with this session, please don't forget to rate my service so I can get compensated for my work. Ratings are how this site pays me for my service. Let's get started!
TOC error stands for "Table Of Contents". It's looking for the disc information, but it cannot find it. This is caused by one of these three things:
1. The disc is bad or dirty. Clean the disc, or try another disc.
2. The laser eye is dirty. Use a CD lens cleaner to run through the machine.
3. The laser eye has gone out, and you will have to take it to a shop. The repair could reach as much as $75 due to parts availability, if there are still lasers available for that unit.