Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Hey, trying to connect my new Konig HAV SB400 sound bar to

Hey, trying to connect my new Konig HAV SB400 sound bar to a 2007 Samsung tv - LE32R7
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Steve G. :

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Steve G. :

Let me know when you are here.

Steve G. :

The TV has a pair of jacks on the back labelled Audio Out. These are regular RCA jacks.

Steve G. :

The TV does not have a digital audio output.

Steve G. :

The soundbar has an Aux 1 and Aux 2 input. Let's use Aux 1. This is a 3.5mm stereo jack - like the one on your headphones.

Steve G. :

So you will need a cable that has 2 RCAs on one end and a 3.5mm stereo jack on the other. Most High Rd electrical and electronic stores will sell these for a few quid.

Steve G. :

Once you have the cable, connect the TV to the sound bar, select Aux 1 with the soundbar's remote and you should be good to go.

Steve G. :

I'll be here if you have questions.

Customer:

that works for a second or 2 but then the soundbar changes to another setting like aux2 or optical or coax, it's on a constant loop. works ok plugged in to my smartphone tho.

Steve G. :

Sounds like you may have a faulty soundbar to be honest. It shouldn't be cycling through the inputs.

Steve G. :

Rule out the remote though. After selecting Aux 1, put it n your pocket or in another room.

Customer:

tried the optical from tv to soundbar - which works briefly - 5 seconds perhaps, then it changes input and continues looping. Strange it's ok with smartphone - no looping.

Steve G. :

Have you tried Aux 2? Does the same thing happen?

Customer:

sussed it. Been lying sb on the lounge carpet whilst fiddling, lifted on to tv cabinet and it stops looping! Static? Dunno, but it's ok now so thanks. Rob

Steve G. :

Wow. That's weird. Maybe it was getting warm?? Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Have a great weekend

Customer:

Not out of the woods yet......bloody thing stops working if I change channel

Steve G. :

That's very odd. I think you have a faulty unit unfortunately.