Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LG50PS3000 Plasma tv and just bought a Polaroid Sound

I have a LG50PS3000 Plasma tv and just bought a Polaroid Sound Bar and connected it but I can't get sound from TV to come through it. Sound bar works as I can connect it to other devices.
It has RGB audio plugs. Red and White. And they are connected in the Audio out plugs.
I can't figure it out and have been trying for days. Would be amazing if you could help me?
Kay
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Your TV does not use RCA red and white connections for Audio Out. Like most current TV's it uses an "Optical Digital" connection.
This requires an optical cable and a surround system that has an optical connection.
Without knowing the model of the Polaroid Soundbar, or being able to see the connections on the back of it, I would assume it does not have an "Optical Input", and in this case you would need to place a "Converter" between the Optical jack on the TV, and the Red and White audio jacks on the soundbar.
A converter for this purpose can be purchased at the link below:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0074JZ8ZW
So you would then connect an Optical cable from the TV to the converter, and then RCA red and white cables from the Converter to the Soundbar.
Lastly go into the LG MENU and under "Sound", turn off the TV's internal speakers.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received all of the information you needed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did receive all the information thank you. I ordered the converter and am waiting for it to arrive to see if it works.