Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My HW-H751 soundbar has lost its connection with my wireless

My HW-H751 soundbar has lost its connection with my wireless router. None of the wired, wps or wifi connections work today, but it was fine yesterday. I use the Samsung Hub with 2 M5s and the Multiroom app to create 5.1 surround sound, but only the M5s appear in the app now. Tv SoundConnect and Bluetooth work between the TV, the Soundbar, the M5s and my Galaxy S4. The TV and BluRay are both Samsung 3D models. The wireless router is fine with the phone, PCs and other devices in the house. I've used every method up, pairing etc in the manuals but nothing has worked. Can you help?
Regards Mick
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
, . The problem with wifi, is the wireless cards can go out. The only thing we can do is reset the cards. It's a lot like rebooting your computer to fix a problem. Unplug the soundbar and subwoofer full minute. Plug them back in. This will reset the electronics, and hopefully restore the wifi card.
If it does not, then the wifi unit has gone bad in the soundbar and will need to be replaced. Tell me the results, and we'll look into warranty options or a repair facility.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rusty
Thanks back to me. I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. I bought the unit in August last year so presumably it's still under warranty. What happens next?
I'm happy to give you an excellent rating, but the system looks like it might terminate the link before I send this reply so hopefully I can still do that later.
With thanks
Mick
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Press and hold the play/pause button seconds. This will reset the unit. Try to connect one more time.
If that fails, it's a faulty wifi card. You are covered under warranty, since you got it in August. Call 0330(###) ###-####to get warranty repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still didn't work, Rusty, but thanks anyway.
Is that phone no a UK no? I think I can take the unit back to the store, Currys UK, as it's under warranty.
Thanks help. I'll go back in via my email and do the rating
Cheers
Mick
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is a UK phone number. Stores generally have a 30 or 90 day return policy, so you may have trouble taking it back. However, some stores will exchange it . If not, you can call the number to get in touch with Samsung directly to use your warranty.
Cheers!
Rusty