Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How to connect Sound Bar Yamaha YAS 93 to JVC Tv LT42D S

Customer Question

How to connect Sound Bar Yamaha YAS 93 to JVC Tv LT42D S 9BJ
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
and sorry you're having problems.
To connect the Yamaha to the JVC, you will use the supplied Optical Cable that comes with the Yamaha and plug into the Optical ports on both the TV and the Soundbar.
You will then use the Input button on the Yamaha to select the "Optical Source".
If you have no sound, then please see pages 45 and 55 of the JVC manual below, on changing the audio output to Digital or PCM and try both options please:
http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/01/36/EN_LCT2614-001B-A.pdf
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no socket on TV to accept supplied optical cable.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Strange, the manual set shows 5 different model numbers, and shows a picture of an optical jack to the lower left of the connections.

Please look closely at your set, and let me know if there is instead a round single black or orange jack labeled "SPDIF", or "Digital Audio", or "Digital Coaxial" (these terms are all interchangeable).

Or, let me know what specific jacks you have that are labeled "Audio Out".

I am looking at the manual set I provided on page 14.

Please advise.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received all of the information you needed?