p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

No sound, coming from right speaker, on Sanyo CE32LD47-? Any

No sound, coming from right speaker, on Sanyo CE32LD47-b?
Any ideas?
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Does this happen on all inputs/sources (cable/satellite, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It happens with any input device, but is always fine if I listen through headphones.

Regards,

Nathan

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info,
That would indicate an internal hardware problem, meaning that either there is a bad right channel output stage on the amplifier circuit, or the right speaker itself is bad.
In either case, while it could be fixed, it is typically not practical to do so. You could end up paying nearly as much to have it fixed as you would to buy a whole new tv.
As an alternative, you'd be better off using an external audio system. This could be anything from a set of basic powered computer speakers to a soundbar or a full size surround system.
Example: http://amzn.to/1M0QXqo
Or of course you could just continue using it with headphones as well, but you'd want the external system if others use the system at the same time as you're using the headphones.
Nathan